Have you forgot your Motorola Edge 30 password, PIN, pattern lock or fingerprint doesn’t work anymore and is locked? Don’t worry, we all do, it’s actually a basic human instinct.
Fortunately, we have some methods to unlock Motorola Edge 30 without password after factory reset and we’ll share with you in this detailed guide. No matter which Motorola device model you have to unlock the password, these methods are applying to unlock any Android password device.
On this guide we’ll cover 6 ways to reset a Motorola Edge 30 that is locked with or without factory reset so you will be able to bypass the motorola default pin code in a couple of minutes. Depending on your knowledge, even my grand mother can do it, choose a method that will be suitable for you and learn how to unlock pattern lock on Motorola without data reset.
Before going through our guide, let me tell you that is very important to backup your data regularly. In case of a Motorola factory reset, which we’ll show you later in this guide, you may lose all of your data. However, if you did a backup you can restore all the settings and documents (photos, contacts, etc) you’ve made on your device.
With that being said, let’s proceed to 6 methods to unlock Motorola pin code without losing data.
- Method 1: Unlock Motorola Pattern Lock Through Forgot Pattern Feature
- Method 2: Bypass Lock Screen on Motorola via Android Device Manager
- Method 3: Unlock Motorola Password Lock with ADB
- Method 4: Bypass Motorola Password via Safe Mode
- Method 5: Disable Screen Lock on Motorola with Emergency Call Hack
- Extra Method: Factory Reset a Motorola Phone That is Locked (Hard Reset)
Method 1: Unlock Motorola Edge 30 Pattern Lock Through Forgot Pattern Feature
If your Motorola device is running on Android version 4.4 or older, there is a “forgot pattern” feature that helps you to easily do the Motorola screen lock bypass. You’ll have to enter for at least 5 times a wrong pattern and then you will find the “Forgot Pattern” option at the bottom of your screen.
Once there, you have 2 options to unlock Motorola Edge 30 lock screen when forgot password:
- through your Google account – log in and you’re be able to set a new PIN or pattern lock.
- through answer question – here you have to answer the questions you have added when made your Google account.
Method 2: Bypass Lock Screen on Motorola Edge 30 via Android Device Manager
If you linked your Google account with your Motorola device, this means you can find the device on your Find My Device page, but make sure you have this option turned on. Beside erase and secure device, there you can find a LOCK option. This feature is all we need to set a new lock screen such a password.
Clicking on the LOCK feature from left sidebar, a window will show up. There you need to set a new password which will be used to unlock Motorola screen in future. You can also set up secure and erase the device from the menu.
Method 3: Unlock Motorola Edge 30 Pattern Lock with ADB
This method require to have some technical knowledge or to be familiar with the ADB tools (Android Debug Bridge) and command line, but also your locked phone needs to have USB debugging enabled. Once you have downloaded ADB (check this article on how to download and install) on your computer, let’s proceed through a few steps.
- use a USB cable to connect your device to computer or laptop.
- open the command prompt by pressing Win + R and then enter CMD
- once here, type this command and you’re device will disable the lock screen:adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key
You’re almost done. Now just restart your phone and you will see that the screen lock has been disabled. Now you can set a new password for your own privacy.
Method 4: Bypass Motorola Edge 30 Password via Safe Mode
If you have installed an 3rd party app to set up a lock screen for your Motorola device, then this option should work for you. If you don’t already know, the Safe Mode option will disable all apps that you have installed on your phone.
To boot into Safe Mode, press the power button then long press power off option. Then you will be asked if you want to reboot the device into Safe Mode. Select OK and restart the phone. Once turned on, look for the app which you had used to set the lock screen and uninstall or wipe the data. Now you can set a new lock screen for your smartphone.
Method 5: Disable Screen Lock on Motorola with Emergency Call Hack
Believe it or not, there are some users saying they can bypass Motorola lock screen when forgot password with emergency calls. Even some said this solution works only on Android 5 and below, others said this might work on recent versions too. As you may know, even if your screen is password locked, you can do some commands, such finding the device’s IMEI and more.
So if you’re asking if you can unlock Motorola password using emergency call, the answer is YES! Let’s proceed through the steps:
- tap on the Emergency Call option on your device’s lock screen. Once the dialer shows up, enter like 10 asterisks (*) then double tap to highlight the characters and copy it. Now paste, and copy it and paste it again until the field is full and can no longer be highlighted.
- Now go back to your lock screen and launch the Camera app. Access the drop-down notifications menu and then go to the Settings. Once here, you’re being asked to input a password. Paste here the string you have copied in the first step until the interface would be crashed. Now the Camera app will be opened and your Motorola will be unlocked.
To be honest, I haven’t tried this method yet, so I am asking you if this worked for you. When I forgot my lock screen password I have used Dr. Fone lock screen removal tool. I highly recommend this software in case the methods described here won’t work for you – even I doubt it.
Extra Method: Factory Reset a Motorola Edge 30 That is Locked
Our last solution to bypass Motorola lock screen is through factory. This method will erase all data from your device so it’s very important to have a backup before going with this, but it will also remove the lock screen pin or password as well.
Follow these steps to bypass screen lock by restoring Motorola phone to factory reset:
Step 1: when your device is turned off, press power and volume down at the same time.
Step 2: release the buttons when the Motorola logo is displayed, then immediately press and hold the power again.
Step 3: when Android System Recovery screen is showing up, you can release all the buttons.
Step 4: using volume buttons go through menu and select wipe data / factory reset by pressing the power button.
Step 5: now select reboot system now to restart the phone. Once restarted the screen lock will be disabled.
You can also bypass lock screen fastest with some secret codes: *#*#7780#*#* or*2767*3855# – these codes will erase data from your phone (try one by one).
We hope you have found what you’ve been looking for and you’ve successfully unlocked Motorola Edge 30 password, PIN or pattern lock on your device. If you have any comments or feedback, please do not hesitate to contact us. We appreciate if you share this guide with your friends/family. Hit the buttons below.